HomeMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Ender's Game

Go down 
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostSubject: Ender's Game   Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:48 pm

TL;DR version: If you like books about science fiction, intergalactic warfare, with fast paced addicting plot and a little bit of necessary gore, then read Ender's Game and love me for telling you to do so!

Since we're all interested in the same stuff (for the most part) I thought I'd recommend an absolutely amazing book that I just finished reading last week.

Title: Ender's Game
Author: Orson Scott Card
Genre: Science Fiction/Thriller
Plot: "Set in Earth's future, the novel presents an imperiled humankind who have barely survived two conflicts with the Formics (an insectoid alien race also known as the "Buggers"). In preparation for an anticipated third invasion, an international fleet maintains a school to find and train future fleet commanders. The world's most talented children, including the novel's protagonist Ender Wiggin, are taken at a very young age to a training center known as the Battle School. There, teachers train them in the arts of war through increasingly difficult games including ones undertaken in zero gravity in the Battle Room where Ender's tactical genius is revealed." - From Wikipedia (Click for link)

The main reason to read this book is for the "holy shit wtf just happened" twist at the end.

Another reason is there has been increased discussion on the possibility of the movie coming out in the future. The script was scrapped, but apparintly the author has said (as of February 2009-ish) that he has personally re-written the script and has turned it into "Odd Lot Entertainment".

A video game has also been rumored for some time, but unfortunately if it does come out, it will probably be with the movie (which means it will be teribad unless it's kept separate.)

So if you actually take my advice and read this book:), you may also like to know that there are about 8 other books in the series. I've read War of the Gifts and I am almost done Ender's Shadow. War of the Gifts was a short, behind the scenes glance at the children at Battle School, and Ender's Shadow is actually almost more enjoyable then Ender's Game itself, which I didn't think could be possible.

If you have already read these books, which I'm assuming some of you have, I'd love to hear what you thought of them! Smile

We are the Third Invasion.

Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Ender's Game   Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:39 am

Woo! its a good book!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ender's Game
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
We Have a Tabard :: Public Forums :: General Chat-
Jump to: